Monday, July 4, 2011

der sof-vokh

This weekend was eventful and quite nice because of the extended break for the 4th of July.
On Friday, Jeremy and I met up with one of his friends from school. We walked around the flat iron district, got some great bread and spread from a really nice Italian Market, then ate on the steps of the NY library at Bryant Park. We also walked the highline path, which is a very cool elevated walking path that goes about 25 blocks on the lower west side. It used to be a RR line.

Saturday was great because I saw Jake, whom I hadn't seen in almost a year. We met in queens and ate at a great deli, then went to citi field to watch the mets-yankees subway series game. The game itself was uneventful, but it was great to spend some time with Jake.

Sunday I did a fair amount of work, to catch up on what I missed from neglecting homework the past couple days, but then Jeremy and I met up with Ben Lerman and we ate at a great indian place in midtown on the east side. The food in NY just keeps getting better and better. Today Jeremy and I went down to Greenwich villiage and ate at a great hummos place for lunch. After that, Jeremy left to go move into his extended stay for two weeks. I ended up walking over to the east side and up park ave for a bit. When I eventually got back to my dorm, I did a little bit of work, then walked around and grabbed some groceries. I came back to do some more work, and I think I might head to bed early tonight so I'm not too tired tomorrow morning.

It was a great weekend and I was able to do a lot, so don't worry (mom and dad), about me not getting around enough. Because of the holiday, we have a shortened week. I'm planning on maybe going to a show on maybe a week night of this week, and getting my first taste of Brooklyn over the weekend.

dos iz ale fun izt!

moishe  

1 comment:

  1. Moishe- Thanks for the shout out telling us not to worry. We live to worry. It gives our life meaning and direction. Don't you worry about our worrying.
    Love the blog. No worries.
    Big River. (Dad)

    ReplyDelete